Updated Tank Picture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Graybeard

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The changes include playsand in place of gravel and a new fl tube to replace the 3-4 year old original. The new bulb is much brighter! Let me know what you think and any suggestions for improvement, besides fish :)

Tank002.jpg

Very nice. I assume these are all plastic plants? Very well composed, any fish in there yet to enjoy your hard work?

I bought this tank for my daughters about 5 years ago and killed a few dozen tropicals the first year. I bought a pair of Oscars and one abused the other relentlessly until I returned it to the LFS. Oscar lived about 3 years and grew to be 8" long, "hole in the head" did him in.

After he died the tank sat for a year and I started reading the forum.

This is my first time cycling a tank and hopefully my last at torturing fish.

Yes, this is my first time to use sand and I chose it mainly to prevent waste from filtering down to the bottom.

No fish yet, I have to complete the cycle. Thinking along these lines and it's subject to change of course.

2-4 G Blue Rams
3 Angels
6-7 mid to upper level schoolers
5 Cory's
3 Otto's

I love german blue rams, can't find them anywhere around here! :( Cory's are a great addition to any tank IMO. What size tank is it?

Yeah, I agree that it's too small for the angels. But great looking tank. Some rams would be beautiful in there.

I would say 3 or 4 GBR's, with some schooling fish, Corys, and ottos would do fine. The tank loos great too, good job. Sand is much easier to keep clean. I have it in my 55G.

Hagen Life-Glo 2 High Intensity Lamp from Petco

It made quite a difference, it is a little bright for my taste but it will eventually fade a bit.

Before

Tank001.jpg

After

Tank002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom