Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

My toddlers tank

Aquarium Advice Activist
Our LFS is going out of business and as tragic as it is because it is now a two hour drive to the nearest one with a good reputation. I managed to get some good deals on the fish and supplies.

I managed to get out of work early today and got five neon tetras that was that was left in the tank and two tiny tiny cat fish. I am not sure their true name off the top of my head. Hoping everyone is happy now.

I also managed to upgrade my filter FINALLY :)

This is we're my question lies, I have set it up were he old crappy Walmart one was were it will stay and placed the old crappy Walmart one on the front of the tank. How long should I leave the old one running before the new one will be able to do the job on its own?

Our LFS is going out of business and as tragic as it is because it is now a two hour drive to the nearest one with a good reputation. I managed to get some good deals on the fish and supplies.

I managed to get out of work early today and got five neon tetras that was that was left in the tank and two tiny tiny cat fish. I am not sure their true name off the top of my head. Hoping everyone is happy now.

I also managed to upgrade my filter FINALLY :)

This is we're my question lies, I have set it up were he old crappy Walmart one was were it will stay and placed the old crappy Walmart one on the front of the tank. How long should I leave the old one running before the new one will be able to do the job on its own?

I would just put the media in the new one lol

I know it sounds that simple but they are completely different filters the sizes are completely different the old one is the Tera filter and I got an aquaclear

Thanks it is quite the site at the moment, I just was afraid that I done gone and screwed up. I am good at that. Going to find out what my new little catfish really are. This is where I probably messed it up but my girlfriend now has 3 thirty gallons on the go so worse case she can take one if they are going to get to big

Can you cut the material off the plastic frame of the filter cartridge? That's what I did when I upgraded to my aquaclear. I cut off the material and stuck it in the aquaclear.

Possibly I didn't think of it. I was just too excited to set it up lol. I am sure I might be able to get a piece of it in. Ill give it a couple of days before I disturb the fish again our betta was out of sorts with the new fish and new filter, just going to leave them be for a bit.

So, in the three days since I added the new fish and new filter I lost a neon tetra on night one and today I lost one of my two oto's. I checked to see if I had the right water conditions and to my knowledge I did. I was quite excited but I am not sure as I had lost of algae and they have been having a feast. I did a partial water change today after I noticed the oto stuck in the filter. I will test the water in a bit before I go to work to check to make sure that running the new filter didn't start a new cycle ( fingers crossed ). I guess I may be trying to fit some of the old media into the new filter tonight after work while the babies are in bed :(

Back
Top Bottom