Upgrade needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shane l

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hey guys I've saved a small lil cichlid (dnt knw what type) a large pleco and a late goldy from my parents friend their tank had not been cleaned for years they came in a 60l which is a 16 gallon tan I have one the same with six black widow tetras and 5 neons and a guppy. I have transferred the 1inch cichlid in to my tank and left the goldy and placo alone I want 2 get a bigger tank that I can put all my fishes in. Please help

First of all we need to ID these fish. Then we can decide what sort of aquarium your having to buy and weather they'll get on with your current fish.

Well since they're a cichlid I'm guessing that they're aggressive. Just for them you may need a 40g ? I'm not that great with cichlids, sorry!

The only fish that would work with the cichlid that you currently have is the pleco which if its a common will need around a 75gallon tank and cichlids especially Africans for the most part need large tanks to due to them being super aggressive and always on the move. A 40 breeder will work but it would have to be species only cause he will kill your tetras and neons eventually

So wait you have one Cichlid or two? The Cichlid and Pleco can go together but the Cichlid would need a larger tank than your 16 gal. The Pleco may fit in your 16 if it's a smaller type and you have room but you said it's large; do you know if it's a Common? if so they need a huge tank as well, so for both yeah probably at least a 40 breeder, probably much more if the pleco is a common. The goldfish is a coldwater fish and won't do well with tropicals and it would need a 20 gal by itself assuming it's one of the "smaller" variety like a fancy; If it's a Koi, Comet or Common it needs a pond. If you post a pic we can help ID it for you.

Thanx loads the tank came with one cichlid I'm not sure if it's African or new world the pleco is a common and the goldy is a fancy the biggest tank il be able 2 get is a 40 gallon ( don't know the difference between breeder and normal) the pleco and the goldy have been in the same tank together in tropical for 4 years now

Back
Top Bottom