Upgrading tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

l18amd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I have loads of questions for you pros out there

So the situation is

I currently have a full cycled 3 feet by 1 1/2 by 2 feet tank with guppies platys minnows Angels and tetras

Since starting the hobby I have become very interested in it and decided I wanted a bigger tank my friend gave me a spare tank he had which is 4 foot by 1 foot by 2 foot high but it had no stand hood or Anything

So after testing it to see If it was water tight I ventured onto a DIY project and built a stand for it I have reinforce it with metal legs And all is looking great my friend also gave me a fluvial 2 filter pump same as i have in my current tank my questions are as follows

My new tank how many litres and gallons does it hold

If I use both filters in the new tank will this be ok for the size of the new tank?

Cycling new tank I am transfer all contents of the current tank into the new one with exception to the gravel instead I will be replacing this with sand will this be ok

I also have a small hosp tank which has a fluvial one in that one what would be the best way to cycle this small tank I will be keeping new born fry in this one out of the main tank

With the hosp tank should this be kept running all the time even of there are no fish in it ?

I also bought some killie fish eggs on eBay trying to get them to hatch does anyone have any advise for me on this or experiences of them

Is there anything I should be aware of for setting up and upgrading the tank just some general guidance be good

Attachments

• image-3901192716.jpg
    image-3901192716.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 80
Moved to FW and Brackish- General Discussion. This should help you get more responses.

Here's some more photos after its final
Coat of paint I think it's looking good not bad for a newbie huh???

Attachments

• image-4262335385.jpg
    image-4262335385.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-3638154760.jpg
    image-3638154760.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 86
  • image-67441342.jpg
    image-67441342.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3732143207.jpg
    image-3732143207.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 71
Its a 65g, my tank is the same exact size.

Just make sure you seed the new filters with some old filter media for the benifial bacteria.

Correction. I misread, the first tank is 65 the second is a 60. sorry

Back
Top Bottom