Upgrading tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I'm thinking of buying my elephant nose a 79 gallon tank. Now I want to do an straight switch with him as i have no room for the two. This is what I'm planning of doing if you guy's think I'll have issues please say.
I'm going to add new sand and possibly some of my old from his tank, all decor and live plants will go in and I'm going to run his old filter media into his new one. Possibly add some of his tank water. Let the tank run until heated and then move him over.
I need to do this as easy as possible without stressing him out.
Does this sound ok? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

As long as you're keeping the filter media and live plants, that's the important thing. The rest is nice, but doesn't affect the new tank's cycle as much as the filter media and plants do. You shouldn't see much (if any) of a mini-cycle by doing that, but keep an eye on the parameters just in case and be ready to do water changes as necessary to keep them in line :)

As long as you're keeping the filter media and live plants, that's the important thing. The rest is nice, but doesn't affect the new tank's cycle as much as the filter media and plants do. You shouldn't see much (if any) of a mini-cycle by doing that, but keep an eye on the parameters just in case and be ready to do water changes as necessary to keep them in line :)

Thanks, I'll definitely keep an eye on his parameters i wondered about that. Hopefully with only him in there I'll not have any issues :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom