Upside cat and tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobgob

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this might be a stupid question but I'm not sure what the answer is... So I have an upside down cat and I was think of getting some cardinal tetras, glowlights, neons, but is an upside down cat two aggressive for them?

Even aqadvisor said it was to aggressive :s

Well first how big is the tank because they can get a little big and so can the cardinals.
Second it will really depend, if the fish is still young and doesnt mind then they will grow to know each other and to not hurt each other. So if its young than just be cautious.

personally I wouldn't put the two species together in a small tank,
an upsidedown cat reaches around 4/5 inches and can be aggressive.

Pete

Is a 29gallon to small in your opinion? I hate how so many things say one thing and then another says something else.
Would the catfish eat them or what? I was thinking the same thing, my cat is around 3 inch so pretty close to being the full age, I was gonna look at the lfs for some larger cArdinals. ( might get lucky)but it's not that big of a deal. If I was to stumble acrossed some would that make the compatibility more likely?

I guess the only way you will find out for sure is to get a few large Cardinals and put them in your tank and watch them closely, they might be fine?? feed the cat well and keep everything crossed lol!! Good Luck!!

I don't think it would be a problem if you put them in together in a 29, Do you have anything else in the 29? (Try and get a juvie upside down cat, you shouldn't have a problem that way)

Upside down cats will not bother your other fish. They mostly hide during the day and only come out to eat. At night you will see them scouring the bottom of the tank for uneaten food.

I have kept upside down cats with neons, diamond, and von rio tetras with no problems.

At night my cat swims all around the tank, mostly near the top until i drop in a wafer for him.
And I have a GBR, two sae, two dwarf goruami and 3 krib. I no the tetras are gonna be stretching it over stocked but I can put the one krib in a different tank or return him. He's just starting to mAture anyways. And also I got time for the pwc's

Now if I just got another krib how do you think that would be? probably pushing the territories. But I'm not sure if it will work or not.

Back
Top Bottom