Upside-Down Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
What species of USD cat would be 6" x 3" in girth???? My USD cat is HUGE ! None of my other ones are this big!
1 1/2 " max for my other USD O_ö

I wish I could get a picture I've tried she goes into hiding, with the slightest bit of movement has her favorite cave

Are you sure it's an upside down, I bought a supposed "upside down" and it turned into a African feather fin

Sometimes goes upside down. Looks like Syno Eupterus or featherfin. Saw picture for brown squeaker , kind of looks like that,.... Usually hides in a huge cave (used to be my pictus cat's house).

The brown squeaker, feather fin, and the African lace cat are all the same thing. The featherfin is a ct that can possibly get huge, min is 8 inches but I've seen them at 14in. Mine was 8in with a 4 in(I think) girth before I have him up my friend with a bigger tank

The brown squeaker, feather fin, and the African lace cat are all the same thing. The featherfin is a ct that can possibly get huge, min is 8 inches but I've seen them at 14in. Mine was 8in with a 4 in(I think) girth before I have him up my friend with a bigger tank

This isn't true. There are MANY species of synodontis. Names are often confused or interchanged. Additionally many have multiple names they are labeled as.

Haha, well then my bad. I remember looking at the African squeaker when trying to identify mine. It was 3-4inches long then and it did look like the squeaker sort of. This whole catfish family is jumble up haha

To the original poster, how many sets of whiskers does it have, because very few catfish in this family have 3 sets, the African feather fin have a set of 3.
I think I read that only 3 species I this family had 3 sets

Back
Top Bottom