Urgent help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsFreshwater

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm leaving the island very soon and getting someone to look after my angelfish whilst I'm gone they don't know a lot about fish so what sort of things wi

They have to do in the 5 weeks I'm gone, I can't ask them to clean it but I have snails?

What stock do you have? How big is the tank?

Some things I can think of are:

-Minimize the amount they will be feeding to preserve the best possible water quality.
-Separate each feeding out and label with date they feed that portion. Then hide the rest of the food!
-Educate them on filters! E.i. what does a properly functioning filter look and sound like. I lost an entire tank cause someone didn't realize that after a power outage my aquaclear 70 wasn't primed. The filter ran dry for a month before I got home!
-I don't know what you can do for water changes but that seems like a REALLY long time to go with out one.

I hate to bring up a product like Nitra-zorb, but perhaps in this case it might help while you are gone.

MrsFreshwater said:
I already have 3 amazon sword plants

Get some quick grower nutrient sponge plants some examples are:
Hornwort
Cabomba
Duckweed
Stargrass
Frogbit
Water sprite

Consider maybe hiring a professional to tend your tank whilst you are away? Or find someone willing to do a water change or three?

I've got a friend to do some regular water changes for me. Everything should be fine for now. Well now I know my options for next time. Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom