Urgent help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ackropj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just put some plants bought from pets at home into my tank and now all the shrimp are either dead or dying, trying to climb out of the tank.

There was nothing showing saying the plants were treated with copper and there was snails in the tanks with the plants.

I have just done a 75% water change but I must have 100+ dead. I fear the rest won't survive the night.

What can I do !!

Carbon and water changes. Did you treat the plants with anything before adding them to your tank?

No, not treated with anything. This morning all u have to show is ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391940964.511178.jpg

Yes from pets at home in the uk. Plants are from tropica and never had problems with tropica plants before. There were snails in with the plants so didn't think could be anything copper in there.

I rinsed them through and added them to the tank. Instantly hem from the shrimp and a hour later disaster. 200+ colony gone.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391953274.321520.jpgcabobma and ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391953329.285471.jpg the one in the middle at the back.

I wouldn't buy anything from pets at home unless it's boxed and sealed, the one that is up here is terrible they have blocks of tanks and they run the tanks with healthy fish and sick fish on the same sump, we bought some fish last year and they kept dying the replaced the 3 times and in the end we just got a refund

Back
Top Bottom