Urgent. Important. Plz help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GuppieStudent

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have just discovered a worm-like thing crawling on the inside of the tank on the walls. 6 hrs. Ago it was not there. If anybody has any idea as to what this is, it is in my fancy guppy tank. Again it is not swimming it is crawling on the side. Im worried for my college project breeding pair for my breeder program. Please somebody help. I have done my best to help others. So please help me too in exchange. This really concerns me. I was unable to capture a picture of them as they are too tiny. Not microscopic. It is visible to the human eye. The color is brown and there size is ultra thin and small. I want to make sure there isnt some sort of parasite in my tank. Please please please please please help. This is very important to me. Thank you.

How much have you been feeding the guppies? Overfeeding can be the cause of things like this. It may be a type of Nematode. I believe that whatever it is it's harmless. Hope this helps.

-bud

Thank you very much guys. I just gave such a sigh of relief i thought there was a tornado. On that link the unknown worm fits the best description. Again thanks to each of you. I hope one day i can return the favor. One more question. Do you know whether or not my guppies will eat them if they stay in txnk and will these worms reproduce.

The guppies might eat them.....they nip at random things sometimes. I would say reduce the feeding a bit. The worm(s) are probably living off the excess food so if you reduce the amount given it could starve it/them off.

Thank you. And i was happy to read about the making of green water. That will come in a great deal of handyness

Back
Top Bottom