Urgent!! Very sick fish please help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a little black moor. He had ich, aka white spot disease, I put the recommended amount of salt in his tank, 3 tsp per gallon (he’s in a 5gal quarantine tank) and let the temp bump up to about 27-28degrees. For a couple days the spots were going, he was looking happier and he perked up. This was about a two weeks ago. A couple days ago I noticed he looked a little inactive. His water wasn’t very good. I did changes and got it back down to perfect. I have kept doing that most days for the past 5 or 6 days , but he’s not looking any better. He is just staying at the top of the tank and not moving (pic below). He looks really sick. Is there anything I can do for him? If not, I don’t want him to suffer so what it be more humane to euthanise him? Pls advice really appreciated. I really want him to live, but I don’t want him to suffer [emoji17].IMG_1330.jpg

Bump your temp up to 30C.

Add an airstone(s) to your tank if you don't have them already. Crank them up.

Do 25% water changes every day with a gravel vacuum.

Bump your temp up to 30C.

Add an airstone(s) to your tank if you don't have them already. Crank them up.

Do 25% water changes every day with a gravel vacuum.

I’ve done all of that already. I have an air stone, I’ll add another air pump. Anything else?

Are the white spots completely gone?

In the pic it looks like he's trying to get air which is a sign of low oxygen in the tank. So yes more airstones or put an hob on your quarantine tank..... assuming you aren't running one already

Are the white spots completely gone?

In the pic it looks like he's trying to get air which is a sign of low oxygen in the tank. So yes more airstones or put an hob on your quarantine tank..... assuming you aren't running one already

I can see one white spot but I’m not completely sure it’s ich. It’s really stubborn and all the others have gone. Will put another pump in [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom