Why do my angels appear like this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kishore

Aquarium Advice Activist
The time is now 6.20 pm and there's still a solid 3 hours for their bedtime. All I need to know is why do they appear like this. Refer to the picture and you can notice that they appear pale. Also, 2 of them had paired off and would in constant aggression with the others. But right now, they all appear somewhat motionless and they don't care about each other. By motionless, I mean they stay in the same position for like a minute.

Fast help is really appreciated.IMG_1513342096.654076.jpg

I'll be the first to ask what your water parameters are?
Also, what did you change (anything is possible) in the tank recently?

BTW what sand it that? I may be looking for some and I like the natural color of yours

my angels get pale when they are calm. Their stripes come out when they are agitated.
Paired angels will always be more aggressive as they protect a portion of the tank for their breeding.
Mine will stay in one place forever unless you come to the tank to feed. They are just not that inquisitive of a fish in my opinion.
Though as ZxC states, you might want to give some info on the tank and water.

As zxc mentioned please check your water parameters but angels don't go here there fast. By the way very gorgeous angels you have and very nice sand

Thank you everybody for your quick replies and I'm sorry that I mentioned it was urgent and I went offline.

I am yet to take a water test. I will post it here once I do that although I can say that it is definitely time for some water change.

BTW what sand it that? I may be looking for some and I like the natural color of yours

Ah, it is just the normal sand you get at river banks. I just made into finer one using a sieve. And you say you like it when I'm thinking of substituting it for some black gravel so that it would be easier to clean for my mom. I'll be leaving for college next year and my mom would have to take care of the tank.

my angels get pale when they are calm. Their stripes come out when they are agitated.
Paired angels will always be more aggressive as they protect a portion of the tank for their breeding.
Mine will stay in one place forever unless you come to the tank to feed. They are just not that inquisitive of a fish in my opinion.

Nice to know that they are happy and calm. I just panicked and posted about it here because mine tend to be swimming around all the time.

And thanks kashif314, I'm glad that you like them.

If you are a fan of Angeles then do consider platinum angels for future. Very beautiful looking.

Also if the temp is good? Water flow still moving as it should?

And if you are leaving later, they may need to have the lone/not paired Angel removed to prevent aggression/attacks from the other 2 which are going to spawn.

There is a good water flow in the tank. And I have yet to think of a home for the other two angels. Angellove78, the tank is around 200 litres. It has 4 angels that you can see in the picture. About cover, I don't have any. I've had them from July/August 2017.

You gotta give them some cover. Anything. Bowls, plates,rocks, plants, so on. They are at the start of wanting they're own space. Seeing each other all day, all night like that will start to stress them out. Even thow your tank is fairly big for just 4 angels. They still need hiding spots. They will do better with cover. And if they still act like that then take them all out, move everything around and then put them back in.

As angellove said hiding spots and rocks driftwood plants etc are necessary for Angels. They will thrive best in such conditions.

I was gonna get plastic plants. But won't the plastic damage their fins?
Plastic plants won't harm them. Buy good quality plants and inspect they don't have any sharp edges or something. Its better to put live plants though as they love it.

Try using all natural plants and driftwood it will make it look much more natural.

Read my post earlier, I'll be leaving for college in a couple of months and my mom has to take care of the aquarium. She can't maintain a live planted one. So live plants are ruled out.

You can do some drift wood and plastic plants, more rocks, stack them up make some caves. Slate rocks (flat, thin rocks) make good walls for hiding. I have lots of that for my angels. And very easy to clean. You can stand them up to make different areas for them in the tank. I highly recommend for mom. Less work for her the better. Then when you get back you can upgrade. Congrats on collage, have fun, but not too much. [emoji6]

You can do some drift wood and plastic plants, more rocks, stack them up make some caves. Slate rocks (flat, thin rocks) make good walls for hiding. I have lots of that for my angels. And very easy to clean. You can stand them up to make different areas for them in the tank. I highly recommend for mom. Less work for her the better. Then when you get back you can upgrade. Congrats on collage, have fun, but not too much. [emoji6]
IMAG3112.jpg the black flat rock is slate. Just an idea for ya.

Wow, those slate rocks would make a cool wall. I'm not sure I can find them here. I just have to make a big enough driftwood, I guess. Kinda partitioning the tank into two, so that they stay in their territories. Can you make any wood into a driftwood, with enough treating?

Wow, those slate rocks would make a cool wall. I'm not sure I can find them here. I just have to make a big enough driftwood, I guess. Kinda partitioning the tank into two, so that they stay in their territories. Can you make any wood into a driftwood, with enough treating?
You can always use something like it. If you have some ceramic tile, or ceramic flower pots. Stuff like that. Some stack up flower pots, looks pretty cool. As far as driftwood. I wouldn't use just anything, Like pine. But watched up enough, some bake, boil, soak. or just wash it up. I hear if boiled, or soaked it, will make your water alot browner. I hadn't got to my driftwood yet. It's still outside under alot of snow. Anyways, some old ceramic, plates, bowls, that would probably work too. Just ideas. Just make sure what ever you choose won't hurt the fish of course.

Back
Top Bottom