Use Of Carbon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hilroy50

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it true that carbon in your filter will remove any liquid fertilizer that I put in my tank?? Should I add the fertilizer and wait a day or so before putting the carbon back in the filter?? Thanks.

I dont know about carbon removing fertilizer, but you dont need to keep carbon in your tank all the time. Carbon also loses its usefulness after about a month in water. The only reason I ever put carbon into one of my tanks is to remove a med.

I have used carbon for 4 yrs, and only recently stopped using it on advise from my local pet store. Due to fertilizer. My water color is not a clear as it used to be.

Carbon will help keep the water sparkling. Personally, I don't keep carbon in any of my 6 tanks, but I don't have plants.

In a planted tank there is no need to use carbon, use floss in its place. Carbon will remove some of the ferts, how much is unknown. I have four planted tanks and do not use carbon.

Back
Top Bottom