uses for a 2.5g tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Orange dwarf crayfish. I am not sure if this would be the right tank for a couple for a couple of them, but they are seriously cute little buggers.

absolutangel04 said:
Orange dwarf crayfish. I am not sure if this would be the right tank for a couple for a couple of them, but they are seriously cute little buggers.

Ahh ok :) thanks for the definition!

I think the tank is too small for a permanent home for a pair of them. I've kept a younger pair in one, but at full size I think they need more space. Atleast a 5 gal I would say. If the tank is planted some young may survive, and then you're on your way to needing atleast a 10 gal pretty fast.

I'd say go for a Betta or shrimp only tank. I've kept Bettas in 2.5g tanks and they are perfectly fine. I'd recommend a heater and a filter (Red Sea Deco Art Nano) if you go the Betta route.

I still think a shrimp tank would be cool, especially if you haven't done it before.

I agree, I got 4 RCS for my first shrimp only tank (10g) and it is pretty cool. I got a female in berried and the eggs just recently hatched. I love looking at the tiny shrimplets!

One male with a couple of female pygmy sunfish would work fine. Even multiple males seem to work out together, they aren't aggressive, but in small areas only one will be dominant and colored up.

That's a good idea. I have 2 males and 5ish females in a 5 gal and there is no aggression and they aren't very active. They should be fine in a tank of this size.

Back
Top Bottom