Using meds together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobo8

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is it safe to use mardel's quick cure (formalin and malachite green) in conjunction with melafix and or pimafix?

I wouldn't use any meds together unless your sure you can do so.Most companies will only be able to tell you if its safe if they make both products that your trying to use. What is it your trying to cure.

Well it's for a work hospital tank. So unfortunately those are all the meds we have, so we usual have a variety of different issues. The quick cure works wonders but I'm wondering if let's say if I used quick cure for the needed amount of time but then have a different fish that could benefit from melafix use that after? Or would they be harmful together at all? Or would they be able to even work together? Like every other day?

Well carbon removes most meds so if you used quick cure and then put the carbon back it would remove the one so then you could use the other. I myself think that melifix doesn't do anything I've used it on three different occasions and didn't care for the results but thats my opinion. Are you trying to cure ich or something else.

There's never carbon in there. Well sometimes it's ick the quick cure works well for that. Sometimes it's fungus or sometimes fin rot..

well as I said before I wouldn't use any meds together unless you knew for sure that you can cause you could end up kill the fish in the tank.. If you used meds from the same company you could contact them and ask if they are compatible but part of the problem is that one company doesn't test there meds with other companies meds so they can't tell you if they go together I know cause I've tried to get and answer about different meds at one time or another.

Back
Top Bottom