UV Sterilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Solarris

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is there any way to place a uv sterilizer on my 55 gallon tank while still using my hob filter? I don't have the money right now to switch to a canister filter but really need the uv sterilizer to get rid of the green water.

Is there any way to place a uv sterilizer on my 55 gallon tank while still using my hob filter? I don't have the money right now to switch to a canister filter but really need the uv sterilizer to get rid of the green water.

You can get a submersible one?
AA Internal 24 Watt Low Voltage UV Sterilizer - Pets & Ponds

I believe the coralife turbo twist would need a powerhead, but I believe you can hang it on the back as well, and not have to run it in-line, however it will run in-line if you ever get that canister.

There are a couple of HoB UV sterilizers that can work with a pump. AquaStep is one of them. You'll need a pump to move the water through it... but they have waterfall type returns and just hang on the back of the tank

the mean green machine is cheap, worked great for me, and is about 70.00 at petsmart.

Thanks for the help! I'll definitely be picking one up soon.

Back
Top Bottom