Vacation and i got fry!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishie

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to be gone for 3-4 days on Friday. I wanna how to feed my fry and my other fish. How to I know if they had enough??

The fry could present an issue as they should be feeding multiple times per day. The other fish can go without for the time you're gone.

Do you have a friend/neighbor you can get to drop by?

LyndaB said:
The fry could present an issue as they should be feeding multiple times per day. The other fish can go without for the time you're gone.

Do you have a friend/neighbor you can get to drop by?

Oh ok thanks . If I'm lucky I can get a friend how much should I pay?

If it's a real friend, you shouldn't have to pay anything..... :D

That said, if you're asking someone to stop by at least 3 times per day, you should at least give them $25. It's really up to you.

uscamaro said:
Buy them lunch... Shouldn't have to pay friends

Thanks! Trying to get it figured all out and I might be doing that!

Automatic feeder? Crush up some flakes then it will do rest?

No, an auto feeder won't work as your fry should feed multiple times per day but your adult fish should not. Plus, auto feeders quite often foul the tank.

I'm person I might hire wont come on Christmas to feed will they survive without food for 1 day?

Thanks for all your helpz otherwise they mighta be dead !

Good quote I heard once.

"Dont worry about your fish dying of hunger. They'll only be hungry until the first one dies"

Exactly aqua_chem. Sounds cruel/sick whatever you want to call it, but it is the truth. Also, assuming your tank is established, there are plenty of tiny microorganisms for the fry to munch on.

Thanks everyone all my fry and fish are alive and well. All 43 fry are alive and well. Grew half a centimeter :D 2 weeks old

Back
Top Bottom