Vacation Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeyGeeze

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm going on vacation from September 6th until the 16th. I have my main tank with lights on timers so that is no worry. I plan on having my neighbor feed my fish every OTHER day, to avoid over feeding. I will do a water change on that tank the day before I leave so I should be OK. My concern is my little RCS tank. There's no timer on that tank for lights. Right now, there's a couple little swords and water sprite in there with some java moss. Do you think I will be OK with no lights in there for the 10 days? There's daylight in the room, and the current set up only has an LED light to begin with and they grow decently. Would my shrimp be OK with no light for 10 days? I don't wanna come back to a dead tank :) thanks!

Well should I be more worried about my plants or the shrimp? I could go get a cheap timer, but I was trying to avoid that since its just extra money to spend. Its in a room that gets daylight, they wont be in darkness all day. But if it is gonna harm the shrimp i will get the timer, if I lose some plant growth that's not as important to me ya know, they usually bounce back.

JoeyGeeze said:
Well should I be more worried about my plants or the shrimp? I could go get a cheap timer, but I was trying to avoid that since its just extra money to spend. Its in a room that gets daylight, they wont be in darkness all day. But if it is gonna harm the shrimp i will get the timer, if I lose some plant growth that's not as important to me ya know, they usually bounce back.

I had the same problem on my planted betta, shrimp tank. I was gone for ten days with only the filter going and no food. It was all good no need to be worried. :)

Andrew McFadden said:
I had the same problem on my planted betta, shrimp tank. I was gone for ten days with only the filter going and no food. It was all good no need to be worried. :)

Thank you! This is somewhat off topic, yet somewhat not... But... I just got home from work and spotted my first shrimp babies!!! Wow those little guys are TINY... I actually noticed a dead shrimp yesterday so I removed that one, along with some water... I have a feeling I may have removed some babies on accident... Oops!!

Back
Top Bottom