Value if a 75 gallon with all supplies no stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lauderdale45

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
75 gallon with all supplies rock, deco, hob filter,heater, glass canopy with lights . No stand great condition. What would be a good selling price.

It depends on the lights and filter type, but probably about $75. Used aquarium goods are generally worth a small fraction of what items cost new, unfortunately.

I think you'd be hard pressed to sell a used setup for that much. No harm in trying but the general rule of thumb is to pay about $0.50 a gallon for a used tank and generally around a dollar a gallon for complete setups. If you have some high end lighting and filtration it could fetch more.

Jetajockey just wrote a great article on buying used tanks. It is on the front page of the site. It gives some good insight into what I am talking about.

Honestly I think 150$ sounds good. 75 seems a little bit small. I'd buy it for 150

Also depends of the state or country where you live... Some areas are more expensive than others.
IME , In CA your tank with the standard equipment will go between $ 90 to $120 maximum,

I agree it will definitely depend on where your live here in Canada I can't get a 29 with a heater and filter for less than 100.

I bagged my 55 for 100 with heater and filter and I'm in Canada. Just have to swim.... Just keep swimming... Kijiji is the place in Canada to find deals

IME, search graigslist and ebay for general prices on setups similar to yours. That will give you an idea of what you can expect to sell it for.

Around here, it's $.50-$1.00/g... I'd agree that anything over $150 is a little outrageous, at least from my experience. When you get in to bigger tanks, it changes a bit, but without a stand, you'd be lucky to get $75 around here.

1 to 2 bucks a gallon with stand and filter sounds good.

Tank alone .50 to 1 buck a gallon depending on condition.

I agree, it really depends on your area. But yeah, it's probably not going to be hundreds of dollars unless you have some 'aftermarket' lights, filter, etc. If it had a nice canister and some t5s on it then the price goes up of course.

In my area I'd probably go $100 tops not knowing what brand/type of equipment is with it, and I'd be hesitant to buy it initially because I'd have to get a stand for it as well.

Last edited:
The stand is really what makes the deal if you don't have the extra goodies like everyone has said.

I got my 40 Gal for 75.00 with a nice iron stand. The tank had couple scratches and I should have said no to his gravel, BUT the stand was easily worth more than half the asking price.

Back
Top Bottom