vampire shrimp!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So last night I added the powdered food mix (have decided crushed algea pellets, flake food, and fd bloodworms all powdered should be sufficient) to a glass of tank water, mixed it and added, just like liquid food, but if I heated the water up first, I bet it break down more into a straight liquid (no chunkys) any advice on this, is fishfood safe to heat like that? Also, I've decided id love to do my own infusoria (sp) I think is what its called to feed him. Tips for that, or do you think my current setup is fine (the shrimp seems to be perfectly happy)
Ill also say upon further observation, the vampireshrimp acts more like a crayfsh than a shrimp. I've read singapores get up into water flow in tanks, and from reading (and watching) this is not the case of the vampire shrimp. He has a dark spot under driftwood and juava fern he likes to filter from. He's still really cool to watch

I'm not sure about the bloodworms. I haven't heard of those being beneficial..I know they are high in fat..I'm not sure if those are a good food source for him. I think with his size some chunks in there will be just fine. I'm really not sure about the warming of it, myself. Should be OK if you want to as long as you don't get it too hot.

Infusoria would be a really ideal food source for them. I've recently ordered some bottled phytoplankton which, from what I understand, is a good pre-made substitute. I also want to order some O.S.I. Micro Food for them. This really seems like the ideal staple food for filter feeders.

I was in Petco last night and the bamboo shrimp made me sad..they were clearly starving...in a state I've certainly never seen my shrimp in. They shouldn't even be allowed to sell them. :(

There pretty dang cool, but I never see mine... I only know he's alive because I saw him during a move yesterday

Back
Top Bottom