Vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bkiggy

Aquarium Advice Addict
Check this out! I put in zucchini for the Pleco and sometimes eats it, but I've been curious about other vegetables. So tried peas and broccoli . My guppies tore up the broccoli like it was the best thing they have ever had! Peas not so much.
Pleco doesn't really have a chance to get stuff cause other fish eat it faster ! Even the Cory's like it
Hhmmmmmmm?

How do you prepare the broccoli? Also that strengthens my suspicion guppies are dumb, nothing intelligent could enjoy broccoli :D

Well I didn't put cheese on it and they still ate it ?
I blanched it for 5 min in boiling water with a little aqua salt, and cooled it. (Salt makes everything taste better)

Pleco is going to town on the broccoli!!! Huh, found something he likes!!!!
Nom nom nom

Sometimes, turning the light off will help make sure the pleco gets food, depending on what type of pleco you have. Some are nocturnal. Our clown pleco is much happier to come out at night, although he is becoming braver and venturing out during the "day" but it is later in the evening when the natural sunlight has gone down.

Baby male bristle nose . Did an awesome job at algae now I have to feed him actual food. Named "the cleaner"

I know our BN hides a lot, but she's in with Cichlids, so I don't blame her, but we feed her at night, after the others go to sleep, while she bulks up and gains confidence.

Yeah, mine has no problem with the light. Pushes everyone out of the way!!! Just got a blue eyed albino BN for the other tank

How did you break it up or did you? Was it just the heads of the broccoli or stems? I would love to find something for my rainbowfish more natural. I've heard fresh peas but they snubbed them! They are spoilt.

Yeah no one will eat peas. Broccoli is head and stem. Guppies and Cory's ate head; Pleco ate stem.
Blanch in boiling water to break down cell walls cool and drop in
Nom Nom Nom

Back
Top Bottom