Very cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tampa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I used a product, called "PROPER ph 7.0" to reduce the ph in the water. The water is extremely cloudy and you can hardly see into it.
The tank is cycled and I want to add fish within the next 2 days. How can I cleart up the cloudy water?????????????

Do a water change to reduce the cloudiness.

I wouldn't waste my time with the proper pH. For most species a stable pH is more important than an ideal one. what is your tap pH?

Tap ph is closer to 8.0. I shoulda let it alone

New fish are coming on Tuesdat. Can I put the newe ones in the cloudy watyer without "harming" them??

If you acclimate them well, yes. A water change before they arrive would probably be best though.

i wouldnt put those fish in at all, they will die, is your tank cycled? for how long? what are readings?(ammonia, nitrates, nitrites), all important info. dont use ph inhibitors or adjusters, they do more harm than help.

If you have no fish in the tank do a 100% water change. Drain the tank to the substrate and refill (using a dechlorinator and trying to temp match the water). You want to get that junk out of there as completely as possible, and 8.0 is not bad at all. Shouldn't take you more than 20min if your tank isn't huge, and it will prep the tank pollutant wise for the new fish (should reduce nitrAtes to near zero).

What did you use to cycle the tank? If you don't have fish in there and haven't been supplying an ammonia source, your tank is not cycled. Please see the article I wrote in the articles section for specific advice.

Back
Top Bottom