Very high nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good news, I finally got my nitrates down to a normal level. Thanks to ich! The daily water changes sure get water quality up.

Now I just need to get the diseases done with. Got ich, lost a neon to NTD, another one looks like he also got NTD ( in QT now ).

Rough times lately.

beepboop said:
If PWC aren't cutting it, live plants might help.

I've been thinking about plants but I was wondering if I needed to have dirt. I'd rather just have sand, do plants do ok with just sand?

They will be fine in just sand. You may want to add some root tabs, but sand is a great choice for live plants. That is all I use in my tanks and almost every plant I have tried has done well to too well.

Fishguy2727 said:
They will be fine in just sand. You may want to add some root tabs, but sand is a great choice for live plants. That is all I use in my tanks and almost every plant I have tried has done well to too well.

Thanks fishguy. Another week treating the ich and then the tank gets a makeover! Humm, maybe I should make a new stand before I do all this...

Back
Top Bottom