Very old molly going grey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 4 year old black molly. I have no idea how old she was when I got her. She was full grown. She's given birth to several healthy babies over the years. Now she is even turning grey. Not cottony grey but grey like the grey haired people get. She still eats and darts around but you can tell she is getting on. It's interesting to watch as her life cycle is nearing an end. I know she won't last forever and I sure will miss her when she does pass.

I'll try and get a picture of her. I didn't know a fish could change color as it aged. Anyone else had this experience?

I know Mollies can lose color when they're sick without showing any other physical signs. I'm not sure about just old age though. That is a long time to have that Molly. It will be sad when she's gone.

One of my tetras, Columbian, is quite old. It is grayish now instead of a shiny silver and looks quite worn out. It keeps eating and swimming though.

We have several female guppies that are getting on in years. They were some of the first fish we got when getting back into this hobby. They are retired from baby making and are fading in color a bit, moving a little slower and in general just looking a bit tired. lol

Even though they are "just" silly guppies, we feel a bit sad when one dies. But it is so neat to watch them live their whole life in what I hope is a good home.

Hmmmmm. That reminds me, the grey haired little dog is due for a checkup .......... :D

Great to know that it is a rather common thing. At first I thought she was sick, but she behaves normally. Just been going grey for months. It's rather funny when you think about it, they have similiar traits to us humans.

Back
Top Bottom