very small yo-yo's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pipedreamer86

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently picked up 5 very small yoyo loaches from my LFS. I was very hesitant about the purchase as the largest ones are about an inch in length. Being so young I am worried, but I was so excited to see them available I had to have them. I have them in my 150g community tank, but since adding them, rarely see them. Is this normal? Should I be worried about them since they are so young?

And if their small and their in a 150 community youll see them soon

Mine were really small when I added them to the 220g. One wasn't shy and stayed out and after a few weeks they all finally felt secure enough to be out during the day. Now they are out at various times and resting out of sight at others. It's very normal. At one point I thought for sure 1 had died but it finally started showing itself when I was around.

Don't be surprised if you find one laying on it's side with gills barely moving, it's taking a 'nap'. One of mine does that frequently. The first time I saw it I thought sure it was dead, it layed there for several minutes, finally it started moving a bit, then it was off and running, digging in the substrate. I researched the yoyo's on google and, sure enough, the article said they would 'nap' sometime.

Back
Top Bottom