Visit to LFS (legit)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lepomis

Aquarium Advice Freak
WOW!!!! I forgot what it was like to go to a legit place. I just though my memories of the store (mom and pop) I frequented when a kid and teen had become a little sugar coated over the years but after several years out of keeping tanks I went back to a similar store today. No dead fish, proper filtration, healthy, vibrant fish, plants, tanks set up accordingly, display tanks, etc... Hey they ever netted my fish quickly and with little stress to the tankmates. I was impressed with the overall selection. Had a good selection overal. My wife will be glad. I was looking on making most of my purchases online, but from this point on I can get about everything I wanted at the local store for a lot more for my dollar at the store. I am not for sure they didn't just have everything. :lol:

that's really great. a lot of people wish they could find a store like that near them :)

Lepomis said:
I was looking on making most of my purchases online, but from this point on I can get about everything I wanted at the local store for a lot more for my dollar at the store.

Thats REALLY hard to believe.

I know of a similiar type stores...problem is, they are several miles from me. It's worth the trip as I love "browsing" in a decent LFS without getting disgusted when I see poorly maintained tanks and suffering livestock.

It also helps when the owners, staff know what you are talking about so a decent conversation can be had about fishkeeping and aquaria. It is a pleasure to visit one...discuss your tanks inhabitants and they actually make suggestions that make sense. I could stay in one of these for hours.... :D

I but fish from my LFS, but not equipment. There is just no way they can compete with online for things like filters, UVs, media, etc.

You are blessed to have such a place close by! Makes sense to give them your
patronage. I found a place where they have decent plants, and the fish tanks are
being well kept. I buy lots of stuff there, except for the major equipment, where
unfortunately, they are not competitive, but all the rest I buy there, and the guy
working there seems to be a "passionate" about fish keeping so can have a great
chat! 8)

Back
Top Bottom