Von Rio Tetra Very Weird Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GouramiFanatic

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just a few minutes I accidentally bumped into the shelf that my 10 gallon aquarium is on while I was dusting it. Shortly after I bumped into it I noticed that one of my Von Rio Tetras was freaking out! It was literally swimming in tight circles (going upside down) and it bumped into one of the rocks a few times. It did this for about 10-15 seconds and then it kind rested on the bottom on it's side. I thought for sure it was a goner! Now it's swimming with the others as if nothing happened. Is it possible that my bumping into the shelf caused this? I didn't bump into it that hard! None of the other fish seem to be bothered. It's just so weird!

Even though it's acting fine now, I did get out my test kits to make sure my parameters are ok, but I won't have the results for a few more minutes.

Any thoughts?
- Mandy

Hmmmmmm.... here are the test results....

Ph = 7.0
Ammonia = 0ppm
Nitrites = 0ppm
Nitrates = 10ppm

Even if it's just the vibrations that scared my fish, is the Nitrate level to high? Should I do a water change?

- Mandy

Thanks! Everything seems to be doing well now so I'll just monitor him and make sure he's ok. :)

-Mandy

Back
Top Bottom