w00t!!! My used 30 gal waterproof....fish compatibility?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Billsgate

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi,

So, after 2 weeks of spending very little time on repairing my tank i finally got round to put new kit on it. I filled it up with water (a little more then i will eventually fill it, just to test) and its good!

Now, i'm still going to paint it. There's an ugly sort of tape on it with so called wood color. I'm going to paint that black, so it will look nice(r).
The paint will offcourse go on the outside, but do i have to worry about something? chemicals? poisonous stuff that can contaminate the water?

Once it's painted i'm setting it up. It will be your normal small gravel, live plants, maybe driftwood, maybe decorations and caves.

I want to use this tank for Keyhole cichlid offspring, as some of you will already know. Now i want action in this tank untill i get offspring.
So what if i put in some fancy guppies? I know they breed like crazy, but my main concern is if the keyholes will be okey with gups. I'm guessing they will be, but just making sure.
That way i'll have a nice lively tank even when there is no keyhole fry. Good idea?
Any other kewl fish that i could keep in combination with keyhole fry?
It will not be a permanent home for my keyholes, they are going to the lfs once they reach about an inch in size for store credit...........and plz don't think i'm into this for profit, i just think it's fun to be able to breed something and have other people enjoy your work.

TIA :D

Back
Top Bottom