Wacky/ cool fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Look up the freshwater rockfish, these are pretty cool and are semi aggressive with any smaller fish around them, ie smaller fish will get eaten.

We also have some butis, butis crazy fish, these are also really cool.

And any sort of eels are cool as well.

Axolotls don't need land they stay in the larval form for life in most cases. Laos Pygmy loaches are nice too.

Look up the freshwater rockfish, these are pretty cool and are semi aggressive with any smaller fish around them, ie smaller fish will get eaten.

We also have some butis, butis crazy fish, these are also really cool.

And any sort of eels are cool as well.
If I am not mistaken the "freshwater" rockfish is brackish.
I have one! ;) my manager at petsmart said they're amazing. I really like it too. :) though someone once told me they can be pretty grouchy when they get bigger. Maybe I'll name it Oscar, like Oscar the grouch. :)

IME so far they are not in any shape, form, or fashion mean. They will eat anything that will fit in their ginormous mouths though. They also seem to be impervious to bulling from other fish.

Defiantly the Chaka Chaka catfish. They're pretty hard to find, but my lfs sells them, too bad they're $60 :(

Attachments

• image-3005167694.jpg
    image-3005167694.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 107
  • image-3481933596.jpg
    image-3481933596.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 107
Freshwater barracuda

image-38646196.jpg

Tire track eel

image-3574944976.jpg

Both get to large for a 29 but none the less cool and a little wacky

Last edited:
I think Rhino Plecos are really cool looking.
And if you want some variety in your tank add a couple shrimp, they're super funny to watch and clean up more debris than they produce.

I think Rhino Plecos are really cool looking.
And if you want some variety in your tank add a couple shrimp, they're super funny to watch and clean up more debris than they produce.

Rhino plecos are cool. I've got one that's about 5" can't wait for him to get big!

We just bought an African Butterfly not realizing that they are actually carnivores. Any idea how aggressive these littles guys can be toward other fish?

Right now we only have one and it eats krill, blood worms and pretty well any frozen foods we put in there. Nothing else.

Can I have more than one? We have a 70 gal tank and he is all alone.

Also, could these types of fish live peacefully with a pair of angle fish??

We just bought an African Butterfly not realizing that they are actually carnivores. Any idea how aggressive these littles guys can be toward other fish?

Right now we only have one and it eats krill, blood worms and pretty well any frozen foods we put in there. Nothing else.

Can I have more than one? We have a 70 gal tank and he is all alone.

Also, could these types of fish live peacefully with a pair of angle fish??

Mine leaves my fish alone but he's small compared to my cuddas. They will be aggressive towards small top water fish and will eat small fish as well. Mine eats pellets now big it only ate bloodworms and crickets when I got him

Well right now there is a school of tetras in this tank but it isn't over stocked at all so there shouldn't be any issues with territory. We will see I guess if some of the tetras start to disappear!

Back
Top Bottom