Waht can live with a tri colored shark?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahhhh... never heard it called that.

Balas, IMO, don't belong in home aquariums as they get monstrous and have a very large bioload. That said, if you have a tank big enough for it, they're pretty docile while they're small, but get aggressive as they get bigger. They really should be kept with bigger fish like tinfoil barbs, silver dollars, etc.. but only if you're talking a huge tank.

Barbs would be suitable, angel fish could work (surprisingly).

33 is too small (as it looks like you know). You need something 75 or larger if you plan to keep it to maturity.

I've kept several balas and they are actually really peaceful fish. I've kept them with everything from barbs to catfish and I've never had any issue with them. I will say that while they like to school while they are younger, they become territorial as they age.

I'd just say just about anything that will grow to a good size. (6-10")
You don't want to risk your shark eating anything it can fit in it's mouth, although I don't think it will be a problem. It was the largest fish in my tank for years and got along fine with all my other little fishies. I don't think you can go wrong, unless you get something extremely aggressive.

ok now he is dead my tank is fully cycled and parameters are fine but my bala died he was all alone in the tank ???? any input?? absolutly fine one day and dead the next

Silver dollars will work great, but if you're looking for more color, you could try different kinds of barbs. Neon Rosy barbs are pretty neat.

How about zebra danios? And a rubberlip pleco? Or some black skirt tetras too! And some rams... Don't know how your little guy died though. But it was probably for the best.

how is that for the best he lives in a fish palace tanks everywhere here and i just got an established 100 gallon he could have moved into

Back
Top Bottom