Wall Mount Build Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, so you are thinking 36x16x5.5, correct? So about 12 gallons. The main problem you are going to have is gas exchange. Wider the better. How are you going to filter the tank?

Not sure on any of the equipment, I have just been trying to see what other similar designs are using, but that is not getting me very far.

You will probably need an intank filter like a Tetra Whisper 20i. Don't know the dimensions of it though.

The tank would definitely need to be siliconed between the panes as well as sealed inside. Gluing it together is no problem, but getting the caulking gun inside and finishing the filet will be difficult.

It would be a challenge, but I think I will be able to make it work. Would you recommend any bracing?

No, but I should be by the end of next week. Its actually for my wife's late October birthday.

Any more thoughts on hardware. The Tetra Whisper 20i is a little big dimension wise for the tank. Is using multiple smaller filters possible?

Can anyone recommend fish combination's to maximize the use of my tank space also?

You won't find too many advocates on this forum for a tank such as that... We really promote giving the fish the proper environments to live the good life here, and I personally consider that type of tank cruel for keeping 99% of common species of fish in. The laundry list of bad reasons is plentiful, and I won't list them now aside from agreeing with what the others have said...

Good luck if you do go for it though, but the challenges of keeping a tank like that healthy and well maintained is not something even an experienced fish keeper would likely undertake.

Back
Top Bottom