walmart tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 10 gal tank from Wal-Mart and have been pretty happy with it. The silicone is coming off the sides, but that's because I scraped it with a algae scraper. All in all its still doing good. My 5 gal from Wal-Mart is always doing good. I buy wherever its cheapest, whether it be Wal-Mart or the lfs. Equipment is always from Big Al's.

kimo said:
I only paid $360 for my 150 gallon tank...
Walmart tanks use thinner glass and very cheap sealer.
As for over-engineered Oceanic tanks.... You'll be glad that you had the "extras" the next time your tank breaks at 2 in the morning!
btw: I've been in the business before - have seen and heard of all the horror stories.

Ive kept 30 year old tanks that were not as overbuilt as my Oceanic and... Ive never had a tank bust a seal or break.. period. in 17 years of being in the hobby. If the Oceinic did break, I would suspect it was my error just like any other tank..

I have looked at walmart tanks and they don't get my seal of aproval. The glass is really tine and the seals and really small. Go get an ALL-GLass co. tank they are cheap and good.

Back
Top Bottom