Want Betta's together, watch this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angellove78

Aquarium Advice Addict
I do alot of research on Betta's, thought I'd share this video with y'all. She's got males and females together. I'll be doing this when I get a bigger tank.

Last edited by a moderator:
This almost makes me want a betta tank and I do have that empty 45g just sitting there.......

Ok, well! I'm gonna try this tomorrow in a 10g with 3 females. I got more plants coming this week. They are ready. I took my 10g that I had divided between a male and female. I got a 5.5g for my male. He's in that now. All to himself. He wasn't happy with the divider anyways. So I moved the 10g threw some plants in there floated a few house plants for a min. And got everything set up. I had got 2 other females last week and all 3 are floating in cups next to each other so they can see each other. I watched them most the day. I'm alittle worried about my little girl I had before the other ones. She started flaring but stopped after about an hour maybe less. Gonna leave them float over night in the cups then set them all free same time and feed some blood warms we'll see how it goes. I'll probably chicken out with my little girl. I'll have net in hand. Ready set go! Lol! Ugh! So worried. But wanta try it so bad.

No, "could be" lol! 10g is not big for 3 Betta's. Java ferns got taken from the 75g just so I could cover more in the tank for them. Gotta order more of those. Hopeful I get a better seller. Not one leaf without a black spot on them. 2 sword plants in a bowl with substrate. And some floating house plants rocks, and the bottom is sand. Heater @80, and sponge filter. Think that covers it. Looks full to me. Oh and a little ship with holes. Update tomorrow.

Wow! I want more! This is amazing. I love it. Got my 3 girls together. They love the tank. I'll be getting a bigger one. Diffently going with a big one! 55g and up. Here's my set up for now. I'll be putting a black pillow case on the back just to darken it up a bit. But, so far so good. IMAG3775.jpgIMAG3776.jpgIMAG3778.jpg

They are still doing great. I pulled out my older blue Betta though. So now only have 2 younger females in the 10g. The blue one started flaring after a few hours. Got my huge water spirit clump, threw some of that in with them. A bigger tank, and/or all about the same age group will be idea. So, time to go shopping. Lol! But for now, this set up works. The blue Betta is carrying eggs which probably don't help with a 10g and 2 others, and shes much older than my other 2. This is my update.

What size tank are they going in? I think my baby girl betta has ich. I hate to medicate a baby but I'll up the heat. I don't know how she got it her water is in good shape.

Can't wait to see your all Betta community.

What size tank are they going in? I think my baby girl betta has ich. I hate to medicate a baby but I'll up the heat. I don't know how she got it her water is in good shape.

Can't wait to see your all Betta community.
A 55 gallon if I find a good deal. I've cranked the heat up to 90 before and as soon as I didn't see any more spots I pulled my betta out of the tank and put him in a vase till I got his tank cleaned out. I used dawn dish soap and very hot water, scrubbed the whole tank and rinsed really good. And as he sat in the vase the temp dropped slowly so when I was done cleaning I just made sure the tank water matched the vase water. I did the same thing for 2-3 days after without heat. And then did 50% water changes daily for another 5-7 days. You can add aquarium salt, I do. You can start with 1Tsp per gallon for her see if it helps and crank the heat up slowly to 90. Just keep an eye on her. She starts looking tired and not active then kick it back to 86 or 88. Fin rot will probably set in too. A little salt won't hurt to help her out. Best of luck, it not fun to deal with specially with bettas.

Trying it again with my blue betta. Added her back in with the girls tonight. Rearranged a little more for the ground cover, thinking maybe it will help. Took a few floating plants out. They seem to be all getting along for now. Did a 50% water change cause of the mess I made. It all looks better. We'll see how they do now.

20180318_125122.jpg20180318_125257.jpgwhat I was able to put together. Girls are still doing really good together, even Betty (blue betta). Getting better plants for them this week. Not gonna deck this tank out. This is all just for the time being.

Upgraded the girls yesterday. Sponge filter wasn't filtering the way I wanted it to so changes everything. Cleaned the tank up and did about 4 water changes little by little cause I took the sand out and put down eco complete, put some new plants in and throw on a hang on the back filter with adjustable flow. I'll take some pic.'s a little later on when I turn lights on. Too early for them right now. They are still sleeping. Lol! [emoji5]

Everyone's awake now. So here's a better set up. I didn't like the java ferns I had and all the floating plants I cleaned up again. No more brown floaters and no more black spotted java ferns I trimmed all the big leaves off. Added some better plants. I have a few more to add but they're doing better with the tank set up like it is. 20180324_103244.jpg I feel better knowing there's no more yucky plants in with my girls. I figured I might as well do things right so I don't get anyone sick. Gotta take care of my girls.

Back
Top Bottom