Want more angels??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bsdryder7

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i was thinking about gettin a few more angel fish today,i have a pair of them right now that get along great.I just wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

i have a 50gal tall with 2 angels,1 big belly mollie,1 betta,2 catfish,1 tigerbarb

do u think i can get more angels??

thats to bad i wanted some veiltail angels but i know what u mean.....what other fish do u think i can put in there ???i was thinkin some black skirts??? want more color in ther.....

you have some beautiful tanks MF

i was thinking of getting more amazons since mine all died even with flourish and root tabs but i think it was caused by the turtles eating them so i am taking those out

You could probably get a few more tiger barbs. They will swim as a group when there are a bunch of them (4-5 total)

ya but that one already nips at everone so i was thinking if theres more that would be bad???

It really depends. With schooling fish - if they don't have friends to swim with they tend to be mean to your other fish, but if you get them friends then they'll only poke at each other and will leave the other fish alone.

Tiger barbs are not a good choice with angels.

I agree with HN1... I wouldn't want black skirts with them either. I have some in my 125 and they're nippy little boogers.

If it were me, I would do a school of something not so common. There are so many tetras not readily available in most LFS. My Kerri tetras are definitely my favorite so far. You could also do a pair of something like apistos or rams.

so i just got back with 3 rams 1 marble angle that my lfs gave me for free cause i returned a large pleco that was eating my plants......also a piece of drift wood that i am soaking in a bucket cause he said to soak it for a week before putting it in......ohh ya a anubas potted plant wich i left in the pot putting root tabs under it and he broke off a anachris wich i just planted ......didnt know if i should let it float first or to plant in ????

Good luck with the fish. Anubias should not have their rhizome buried or "potted". They should be attached to something. Anacharis will grow either floating or planted and yes, it should reproduce.

thats what i thought when reading stuff on plantgeek but how is it that the plant has survived in the pot this long??

is it for sure an anubias ??

also i read on plantgeek that anachris will melt if using excel which i am so i am scared now to dose it??? anyone have experience with using excel with anachris??

Attachments

• IMAG0087.jpg
    IMAG0087.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 51
[moderator edit] i just ordered some spiral vails and swords....i hope root tabs and flourish will do the trick???

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom