want to add COLORFUL Schooling fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, but i am aware of the full grown size my fish can get, and i feel like i can do the necessary upkeep to keep more fish. I want a school of fish, i feel that it will really make the aquarium look more alive. The fish i have now are all kinda just on their own and swim slowly. I had a schooling fish when i first started (zebra danios) and they were fun ,but i got rid of them. I want something more colorful.

AshleyNicole said:
The harlequen rasboras look really interesting too, i think im inbetween those and the serpae.

I think If I were you I would just get a bigger school of one of these.... they would more likely give you a schooling effect that you are wanting if there were more of them..

In my experiance with angelfish.. if they dont have enough room they just wont get to full size... there growth is stunted and they die early.. no amount of water changes and cleaning changes that... Ive been there and done that.. 30-50% pwc's every other day to third day and still they didnt get as big as they were suppose to.. I got a bigger tank and more angels and they got almost twice as big! with only weekly 50% pwc's..

I really don't feel like arguing with my stocking conditions again, i have been through this about a billion times since ive been to this website.

greenmagi said:
I think If I were you I would just get a bigger school of one of these.... they would more likely give you a schooling effect that you are wanting if there were more of them..

If I really thought it was a huge issue I wouldnt have givin you this advise.. it was just my experiance with one of the type of fish you happen to have.. I really hope you have better luck! (y)

I have serpae and phanthom tetras that are supposed to school together, but they don't... they just hang around on their own. But they are very prety!

The rummy nose form a tight school and so do the brilliant rasboras. Both species are very lively and I find them very cute too.
JMHO

I have Serpae's in my tank with my angels.. and they look amazing with green plants.. and they shouldn't be too expensive
Since Serpae tetras are said to be fin nippers, keeping them with Angels might not be a good idea. I experimented with them and they damaged my Gouramis' fins very noticably. I exchanged the tetras for Harlequin rasboras, which look similar to Serpaes, are very hardy, and are known to be very peaceful.

Back
Top Bottom