Want to add some more friends.. Bottom dwellers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjldad

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wanting to add some buddies..

Current friends in my 75gallon...
7 Schwartzi Cory's
12 Bloodfin Tetra
9 Black Neon Tetra
2 Blue Gourami
2 Veil Angels
3 Oto Cats
Sand substrate if it matters/or anyone cares.. :)

Looking for something else for the bottom.. I think the "sharks" are a too aggressive for what I have in there..

Thanks for thoughts and your input...

If the red tail shark has room he should be fine, but you can get a really bad 1 every once in a while. Depends on each one. I would add more cories. Personally i think i would shoot for some glass cats or yoyo loaches next. Up too you though.

Khulis are fun. Get at least six. They're more comfortable in groups and less likely to hide. A bamboo shrimp is another option.

Yeah, I have looked at bamboo shrimp before.. Just never had good luck with shrimp.. Mainly ghost shrimp.. I know they are bred to heck and back and I'm sure the ones I'm getting were bred for feeders anyhow..

The bamboo shrimp I see are about $10 a pop..

I'm probably going this evening to see what's available around me.....

I would add more corys, you can go with the julii's or zebras, you can go with a bunch of dwarf corys maybe some peppered. Thats the great thing about them..theres a whole lot of them out there!!

loaches definitely. Panda loaches. yoyos will hide. I love my Yoyo and he is now my oldest fish. But he only comes out when there is food.

sharks and loaches are good my sharks haven't been aggressive so far eels and bichirs are fun too as long as they can't find a way out

I believe he's talking about the 75g in his "My Tanks" link. +1 on the bala sharks getting way too big. They're on my list of "Fish the LFS Shouldn't Stock" right after pacu and irridescent sharks.

mines seem to always b at the bottom or middle but yea they do get big

Just to update.. I got 3 bamboo shrimp.. They are pretty neat.. Don't see them much during the day though.. Maybe they are just shy still. :)

Going this evening to look at some kuhli's.. What's a good number of them???

+1 for balas getting too big!

im curretnly in the same mode, looking for bottom dwellers... im considering a hillstream.... i think they are pretty cool looking...
sewellia%20lineolata.jpg

yoyo loaches are always fun, if they stay out, most ive seen hide a lot...

i currently have 1 bamboo ($14.99) shrimp and 2 Amano shrimp ($3/ea)... very entertaining. the Amano are much more active, swimming around the tank and very mobile. the bamboo kind of just hangs out with his "fans" out catching stuff...

Just give the bamboo time, they stay out all the time when they get acclimated.

Back
Top Bottom