Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-05-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Want to find some more of these little guys

I found a couple of little guys similar to at the LFS. However, when I returned to get some more - they only had fish that looked like these .

From what I remember, these fish were labelled the same as I remembered my first batch but they aren't nearly as pretty. Are they in fact the same golden white cloud danios (minnows)? The first batch, which I very much want to find some more of, don't have a lateral stripe (per http://www.fishinthe.net/html/fishgu...C=96&nl=5&nt=4 ) They are a pretty vibrant yellow with white tipped fins.

Anyone help with a solid id? I'm afraid to just order golden white clouds over the net as I'm not sure what would arrive and the LFS can't tell me what stock they had last month. Was the first batch just an 'off' batch and am I unlikely to find them again?

Any help would be appreciated,
krista

Fauna: gold nugget pleco, otto (3), leopard danio (4), zebra danio (4), hatchets (4), white cloud danio (4), ghost shrimp (4)
Flora: balansae, grn wendtii, red wendtii, tiger lotus, narrow leaf chain sword, java fern,
anubias pygmy, anubias barteri, anubias coffeefolia, dwarf sag, corkscrew val
Filtration: Rena XP3
kristap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

It looks to me that both of the fish you've pictured are White Cloud Mountain Minnows (Tanichthys albonubes) but the top one is what is being called the 'Golden' variety (which appears to be a xanthic version).

-Joe

Old 01-05-2006, 06:58 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ditto. there is also the long fin white cloud variety that is also silvery white. many lfs put the regular white ones and the golden ones together and just sell them as white clouds. the more knowledgable ones separate them.
Old 01-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks for the info Any idea if/where I could find some more of the golden variety?
Fauna: gold nugget pleco, otto (3), leopard danio (4), zebra danio (4), hatchets (4), white cloud danio (4), ghost shrimp (4)
Flora: balansae, grn wendtii, red wendtii, tiger lotus, narrow leaf chain sword, java fern,
anubias pygmy, anubias barteri, anubias coffeefolia, dwarf sag, corkscrew val
Filtration: Rena XP3
kristap is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com