Want to find some more of these little guys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kristap

Aquarium Advice Regular
I found a couple of little guys similar to
p_89797.jpg
at the LFS. However, when I returned to get some more - they only had fish that looked like these
tanichthys_albonubes.jpg

From what I remember, these fish were labelled the same as I remembered my first batch but they aren't nearly as pretty. Are they in fact the same golden white cloud danios (minnows)? The first batch, which I very much want to find some more of, don't have a lateral stripe (per http://www.fishinthe.net/html/fishguide/fishguide_fish.php?FC=96&nl=5&nt=4 ) They are a pretty vibrant yellow with white tipped fins.

Anyone help with a solid id? I'm afraid to just order golden white clouds over the net as I'm not sure what would arrive and the LFS can't tell me what stock they had last month. Was the first batch just an 'off' batch and am I unlikely to find them again?

Any help would be appreciated,
krista

It looks to me that both of the fish you've pictured are White Cloud Mountain Minnows (Tanichthys albonubes) but the top one is what is being called the 'Golden' variety (which appears to be a xanthic version).

-Joe

ditto. there is also the long fin white cloud variety that is also silvery white. many lfs put the regular white ones and the golden ones together and just sell them as white clouds. the more knowledgable ones separate them.

Thanks for the info :) Any idea if/where I could find some more of the golden variety?

Back
Top Bottom