Want to move tank of death inhabitants.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Want to move the three remaining danios from the tank of death to my other 55g. It's been three weeks since the green tigers died. Two out of the 6 danios died from old age and one from injury. Do you thing this has been enough time to move the three danios to my well tank? I have no idea whT killed the tigers but the were new and I did not QT them. I know I know j learned the hard way.

First of all, I'm sorry you lost your fish.

It seems that a miinimum semi-effective quarantine is 4 weeks. 8 weeks would be much more effective and would reduce the risk of worry and hassle and cost to you, and the risk of suffering and death to the fish in your Well tank.

If I remember correctly, your 3 danios are in a 55 gallon tank all by themselves with no other animals, so the 3 have each other for company, no other animals to threaten or stress them, and lots of tank space. It seems like a wonderful holiday for them and a good situation for them to fully recover from whatever killed their tankmates, and become strong again in preparation for their coming move, so they are probably fine to quarantine for more time, maybe 8 weeks total.

Back
Top Bottom