wanting to fix up my crappy 30gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
definitely want to breed the fish. ill wait on the plant questions then lol.
(now it works what the heck) your like me you want to try somethin new. Well your best bet for a first try at breeding will be your swordtails. They are live bearers and theres no real way to keep them from breeding. as long as you have 1 male for every 2 females it will be easy. you see the 62 mollies fry on my sig well that was my first time breeding fish and they were born last thursday. all from one female all at once. so you shouldnt have any trouble breeding them since they are pretty much just like rabbits and wont stop breeding and they give birth to live fry not eggs. Dont stress about it the way i bred mine was i waited till one day i saw a bunch of little baby fishies swimmingg around in th big tank. its a piece of cake and once youve bred the fish you can give them to the store for store credit. :)

Last edited:
sorry no pics the freakin camera is messed up maybe i'll get a new one soon. but to give you a description my 38g is very plain so that the osca has as much room as possible. the 10g has alot of fake plants with a castle in the middle and a net breeder in the corner, and the 1g has a few mollie fry in with a big fake plant, some blue gravel, and a bubble stone.

thats the big plan. its all about the credit. i was gunna breed sw fish but im not a fan of hatching baby brine shrimp every day. im just sick of looking at the boring tank and im glad that im finally going to do something about it. is there any order that i should add the fish? and would a hob filter with an ug filter be ok(what substrate would be good)?
im kind of the legacy of the fishkeepers in m family, all 4 of my uncles on my dads side have always had tanks and this was my step dads old tank that is now kind of the family tank at the moment that no one wants to take care of because it just looks all out bad.

"is there any order that i should add the fish?" quote
i dont get what your asking here
"and would a hob filter with an ug filter be ok(what substrate would be good)?" quote
i dont keep up with filter types i dont even know what kind mine is. sorry. i have always just used gravel and never had a problem.

pulled it off, i peeked outside my door and my step mom was in the kitchen so she already passed by my room. back to this lol. i wish i was tired cuz tomoro iz gunna be a drag i just cant sleep. =/.

yeah. well lets get back to the topic. we are suppose to stay on topic and believe me they will keep you there or close ypur thread. beleive me ive had a couple of my threads closed because i was off topic. but one more off topic question are u a boy or a girl ? sorry it just gives me a clearer picture in my head of who i am talkin to.

imma dude. yea i also have a 20gal fresh with a turtle that will hopefully be a 45 gallon soon cuz he is wayyyy too big for the tank. so what substrate should i be using for a freshy tank? baby fish: uhh idk tons, more fry more credit so im all for the fish. i think im might put aside a 16 gallon for all of the fry to mature them in befor they get sold. maybe keep a few.

ok few more random questions: how should i keep the fry from getting sucked up into the filter? do i need powerheads in the tank? if i use an undergravel filter w/ a powerhead will i need to turn off the flow for when i get fry?

well since it is eaier to tell when a swordtail is going to give birth than a black mollie than i would say to just avoid that all to gether and look up online (im a slow typer and it would be alot easier on my pat for you to just do a google search) alot about breeding livebears and in just a few minutes you will be able to tell just about when your fish will give birth at that point just put you pregenent fish in another tank (small is fine) with a not very powerful filter. and then collect the fish when you see them.

well i have a couple of hours of sleep still left (and i'm tired as h***) so i'm going to bed goodnight (morning) :peace:

hopefully i will get back to you later tonight or tommorow morning.

thanks for giving me something to do for an hour or so.

Back
Top Bottom