Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-15-2015, 02:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Waste changes with fry and pregnant fish

So it seems the last time I did a water change two of my pregnant fish had their fry. There are now about 15 or so fry and the fish are still pregnant looking. I am wondering if I should hold off on a large cleaning for a bit? Any advice as to what I should do? I dont want to stress the pregnant fish into birth, or scare the fry to death or suck them up for that matter.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 04-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hi. If your tank is well cycled then I would be led by your nitrate readings. Keep it to 20 or below by doing regular smaller water changes. In my quarantine tank, when new fish are stressed and small, I do about 25% a day. The benefits of fresh water seems to out way any possible stress caused by the minor disruption of a WC.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Tags
change, fish, fry, pregnant, waste

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com