Water agitation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nvallejo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a lot of water agitation in my 5.5 gallon tank Its planted with a top fin 10 filter. I currently have s female betta in it and it looks hard for her to swim in. I hope this is in the right categorie, if not I'm sorry

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have never owned a top fin filter but they are very simpler to the tetra ones. It's my understanding the top fin filters don't have an adjustable flow so you will have to make something. You can buy an aquarium sponge and put it in the outflow and that will reduce some of the flow. The other option it to fill the tank up more so the water is not splashing down and creating a lot of agitation. There are probably a lot more ways to fix this but that is what I would do.

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me with a lot of water agitation in my 5.5 gallon tank Its planted with a top fin 10 filter. I currently have s female betta in it and it looks hard for her to swim in. I hope this is in the right categorie, if not I'm sorry

Hi! I would put some filter floss in front of where the water comes out. Bettas like calm water with little flow. If you put filter floss by the filter outtake, not only will it make it the flow more calm, it will also polish your water :) Hope this helped!

Tank you for the advice I will try something Today

Back
Top Bottom