Water bridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Trainer_Ruby_

Aquarium Advice FINatic
To make a water bridge it's as simple as taking pvc pipe and pulling all the air out of it right? I noticed that with how my stands are my new 25 and my 20 are on the same level so I wanted to connect them. I use a canister filter and was going to put the intake in my 20 and the output in my 25 would this work? The filter is made for a 60g tank

Keep calm and drum on

Thats pretty much the gist of it. Why not do it out of glass so you could see fish swimming through it though?

The only problem i see with the canister being used this way is that there would be huge dead zones where theres no water flow

I plan on using clear pvc or glass if it's not too expensive and if it works the way I think it should it'll create a current through the ranks. And if it doesn't I have some power heads I can use to fix that.

Keep calm and drum on

If the tanks are close enough then you can use siphon tubes (the kind used in HOB style over flow drains). I would use several for the redundancy.
Clear PVC can get pricy.
You could drill the tanks and mount bulkhead fittings and connect the tubing to those.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If the tanks are close enough then you can use siphon tubes (the kind used in HOB style over flow drains). I would use several for the redundancy.
Clear PVC can get pricy.
You could drill the tanks and mount bulkhead fittings and connect the tubing to those.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It's not really for filtration it's more to connect the two and let fish swim back and forth between them

Keep calm and drum on

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448668548.621174.jpg
Update:all put together just needs to cure over night and add another coat of sealant to be safe then should be good to go

Keep calm and drum on

Ooohhh. This is cool. Can you please post pics once it's all set up?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom