Water change??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You could just feed a very small amount each day, and keep an eye on the ammonia levels. I am sure some would recommend not feeding at all for a few days. I am not sure what kind of fish you have and what their feeding habits are though.

I have 11 malawi peacocks and they usually eat omega one cichlid pellets 2 times a day, and once every 3-4 days I feed them plankton and I haven't fed them since yesterday morning

seems like you could feed them whenever.. might recheck ammonia hour after this change or asap and do another pwc. What's your ammonia? just a note.. I feed all my cichlids except juvie oscar once a day per and only what they eat in a min., 2 tops (advice given to me on this forum)

I would cut feeding in half. As long as you keep up the water changes until everything balances out, you should be ok. Just keep an eye out and make sure you're not starving them. I don't know much about cichlids. Hopefully someone else can be more specific.

I would cut feeding in half. As long as you keep up the water changes until everything balances out, you should be ok. Just keep an eye out and make sure you're not starving them. I don't know much about cichlids. Hopefully someone else can be more specific.

good advice, I think you're right that others would say to not feed a while, I know they won't starve, they go days without eating in wild and holding females don't eat for a few weeks.. it may be best in this case to hold off a while.. if you feel you must keep it light.. maybe one of the "vets" will chime in soon =)

Back
Top Bottom