Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowman17

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I will be going out of town for 2 weeks and I wanted to ask my fellow fish keepers do you guys think my 55 with about 11 mbuna will be ok without a water change for those 2 weeks. Of course I will be doing a big WC before I leave.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It should be fine sometimes we have to skip a week for a water change.

You should have no issues. If you have someone feeding in your absence, you could have them feed every other day to help reduce fish waste in the tank. They certainly won't starve and will help reduce parameter fluctuations.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I was going to actually fast them so waste doesn't build up until I get back. And thinks guys

Thanks*

I went out of town for 10 days. I did a big water change before I left. I sorted out daily doses of food using a weekly medicine/pill sorter, and had a friend stop by to feed and check on things. I had a note on the aquarium with specific instructions. Feed, be sure temperature is between 76 and 80 degrees, and be sure filter is running. I wanted them to check theses things because I know with my luck I'd be out of town when something stopped working.

I also left an index card that listed my stock, along with all the equipment, so that if need be they could take it to the lfs and get some help.

Everything went fine, except now the person feeding my fish has a greater understanding of my aquarium addition.

Going Out of Town

I will be going out of town for 2 weeks and I wanted to ask my fellow fish keepers do you guys think my 55 with about 11 mbuna will be ok without a water change for those 2 weeks. Of course I will be doing a big WC before I leave.

Hello snow...

Here's how to prep your tank for an upcoming vacation. A couple weeks prior, you feed the fish a little more and a little more often. A couple of days before you leave, you stop feeding and do a larger than normal water change. The fish live off their small fat reserve and you come home to a clean tank.

Pretty simple.

B

Thanks for all the advice

Back
Top Bottom