Water change... Just because?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I guess I'm asking this because I had some extra time this morning and did a quick pwc 25% it wasn't needed, I did 2 this weekend and water conditions were fine.

So I guess I did it, just because. Having the python makes a HUGE difference.

Anyone else just do a wc just because.

Heck no! I've got a bazillion other things to do maintaining the household. I don't need to play with my python when it's not scheduled or not necessary. We need to get you more hobbies...... :lol:

Well, I've done water changes that weren't needed because I'm slightly OCD and there was stuff laying on the sand, but never just for fun. Hahaha

Its never 'just because'....theres always a reason to do pwcs! In my case, im conditioning my fish for future breeding & the big pwcs are doing wonders!!!

jlk said:
Its never 'just because'....theres always a reason to do pwcs! In my case, im conditioning my fish for future breeding & the big pwcs are doing wonders!!!

Makes sense.

i do a 20-25% water change every 3 days to keep the water as pristine as i can for my german blue rams. of course ALL the fish benefit from these pwc's. i've had all the same fish for the past 11 months and they all seem happy with the schedule i'm keeping. you do your fish a great favor when you keep up with the water changes i think. it's probably the best thing you can do for your aquarium enviornment and the health of your fish. :)

So I guess I did it, just because. Having the python makes a HUGE difference.

I'm definately looking into getting a water changer, I'm reeeeally sick of bucket carrying. What kind of hardware would I need? Will I need an adapter? I have no idea how those things work.

Water Change Routine

Hello Convict...

Actually, I must admit I really like water changes. I have large tanks and change at least half the water in them every week. I think my fish and plants are happiest and healthiest with large and frequent water changes. I'm old school and still do the five gallon bucket routine. I even carry buckets up stairs for some of my tanks. You really do get a nice, overall workout.

I'm the "waterkeeper" in the family. My wife does most of the work taking care of our 10 cats, 8 indoor and 2 inherited stay outside. We have a combination petting zoo and freshwater aquarium.

It's all a blast most days!!!!

B

http://www.google.com/search?q=water+changers+for+aquariums&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&client=safari

There ya go. There pretty easy although I have to admit I had a bit of a tough time. I needed a plumber to help with adapters and hooking it up to the bathroom faucet because the wife wanted some strange faucets. Nothing would work at first.

We got it all figured out and it's a blast to use. I do have a horror story about the python and have a thread on it. I blew up, yes I really mean blew up my faucet! BANG!! The faucet was off the sink! I'm on my iPhone but if you search my threads in my profile you'll find it.

It all worked out and had to buy a new faucet. Installed and back to running the python. Just have to be careful. Turns out I have a lot of water pressure in the building I live in.

Back
Top Bottom