Water change mishap

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrashCourse

Aquarium Advice Activist
The tank was starting to look a little grungy, so I decided to do a big water change tonight and general cleaning. Vacuum under the bigger decorations I don't usually move, scrub off some of the black algae I've been battling.
I didn't notice when I accidentally siphoned up my favorite ADF (never sucked anyone up before), so she sat in the bucket of nasty blackwater as I scrubbed everything down. Then got dumped into the shower, almost down the drain. I was able to quickly grab her, and as I was rushing her back to the tank, inches away, she jumps out of my hands, ...and lands directly in a cup of hydrogen peroxide. :(
She was only there for a second, but that couldn't have been good. She's hiding, so I haven't seen her since. Poor thing, hope she'll be ok...

Then got dumped into the shower, almost down the drain. I was able to quickly grab her, and as I was rushing her back to the tank, inches away, she jumps out of my hands, ...and lands directly in a cup of hydrogen peroxide.

Got to ask why was there a cup of hydrogen peroxide there? Hope she is doing okay!

Edit: Totally forgot this was a frog.
It might survive if lucky, but it might also be intoxicated. Watch it's attitude very closely. Not sure though, sorry!

Last edited:
it's rather strange that you have hydrogen peroxide just lying about isn't it???????
what species is an ADF?

The peroxide was there to spot treat the algae. I don't typically keep cups of it laying around when I'm not actually using it...

It's an African dwarf frog.

Back
Top Bottom