water changers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nanpat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone, does anyone know if there is a difference between the fluval water changer and the python water changer ? also i seen certain mats that can be placed under aquariums. i will be setting up a 6' aquarium and was just wandering if they are good or a waste of money ? thanks PAT...:BIG:

i use foam for under my tanks. i buy it at home depot. do you have a link to the fluval wc system? does it connect to a hose or sink?

I don't know about the foam.
I do have a Python (just got done using it in fact) but have never seen the Fluval vac. From the pictures I have seen it looks like pretty much the same thing. I would go with whichever one you can get a better price on but shop around. I bought mine at my local aquarium supply for $47 and later found out that Petsmart had the exact same one for $30.

I don't know about the foam.
I do have a Python (just got done using it in fact) but have never seen the Fluval vac. From the pictures I have seen it looks like pretty much the same thing. I would go with whichever one you can get a better price on but shop around. I bought mine at my local aquarium supply for $47 and later found out that Petsmart had the exact same one for $30.

PetSmart is apparently dropping the Python and will carry something else from now on, so they have what ever Python's and it's accessories clearanced right now.

I recently "built" a Python for about $18 by combining a Python extension hose and several of the accessories (minus the vaccum tube).

hmmm, I either got a fake Python or Wally World mis-priced them as mine only cost me 15 bux. 25 footer too

I have the above product and it works great. The concept is all the same so I would definitally just find the cheapest product.

So when adding water back to the aquarium... just add a dechlorinator to the tank and let the tap water flow?

Sounds scary!

But is that how it works?

Yes.
But add enough conditioner to treat the entire tank, not just the amount you are changing. I some times have my daughter put the conditioner right into the water stream coming from the Python but it works well just putting it in the tank first.

Yes.
But add enough conditioner to treat the entire tank, not just the amount you are changing. I some times have my daughter put the conditioner right into the water stream coming from the Python but it works well just putting it in the tank first.

Thanks.

Ive been trying to find a better way to do water changes.
We have 5 tanks and a 125 gallon on the way!
One of these should cut the time in half! :D

Thanks.

Ive been trying to find a better way to do water changes.
We have 5 tanks and a 125 gallon on the way!
One of these should cut the time in half! :D
I have 5 tanks (10, 20, 29, 46 and 75 gal) and can do water changes along with a real good gravel vac on all five in under an hour with no mess at all.

The Python (or python like products) is the best invention for tank maintenance. We used to do the bucket brigade until we bought the 150. That's when we bought the Python. When we had better water pressure we could do a change on the 150, 55, 29, 10, and 5 in under an hour. That's doing 50% on each. Now our water pressure is lacking but it still beats trying to dump water into the tank without messing up the substrate or decor.....or spilling it on the floor.

Thanks guys.
I have been filling a 36 gallon rubbermaid container in the bath tub, dechlorinating the water, siphoning the water from the tanks to the rose bed outside, and then pumping the dechlorinated water into the tanks.

Messy, slow, and tedious.

Thanks again for the input.

Back
Top Bottom