water changes in a big tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ConanTheLibraia

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just wondering, when performing a water change with a large tank, say a 50-75 gallon (size of tank I should be getting in a few weeks, so I am making sure I can handle it) would you have aged dechlorinated water in buckets to replace the water sucked out by the siphon like you would for smaller tanks, or could you add the water conditioner (dechlorinator) to the tank first, then hook up a python to the tap and add the tap water into the aquarium. What are other ways to go about doing this?

Well, in the FW tanks, I usually add the dechlor and the water at the same time. Probably not the best way to do it, but I have never had a problem so far...in like the last 25 years.
Logan J

I second logan here, just put in the dechlor at the same time as refilling with the python. Get a few bubbles on the glass, but never lost a fish.

I usually add the water in first then dechlor I use country water here. I find this is good for me. No illness in my 72 for about a year now. I should test my tap water actually lol.

Chris.

Back
Top Bottom