water changes while cycling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trickshot3102

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone! Happy Sunday!

I am doing a fish-in cycle with my 10 gallon. I have a betta and three glass catfish. I've been doing 25% PWCs every other day. Is that good? I also does with prime (at about 3-4x dosage) to help with ammonia. The fish show no signs of stress and my betta is even building bubble nests! So my question is, is that WC schedule good for my tank?

Thanks!!

PS, when my established 40 gal is free of ich, im going to put some cycled media in the 10 gal. :)

Hey everyone! Happy Sunday!

I am doing a fish-in cycle with my 10 gallon. I have a betta and three glass catfish. I've been doing 25% PWCs every other day. Is that good? I also does with prime (at about 3-4x dosage) to help with ammonia. The fish show no signs of stress and my betta is even building bubble nests! So my question is, is that WC schedule good for my tank?

Thanks!!

PS, when my established 40 gal is free of ich, im going to put some cycled media in the 10 gal. :)

I think water changes are always good and especially when cycling with fish. You have a ten gallon so is easy to do, I would back off the extra prime, I think over doing it to that extreme is wasteful.

That's how it should be done, nice work!

How is your 40gal doing? What treatment did you settle on?

You really won't be able to know if it's good unless you are testing the water. With that in mind, before home water tests were available the only way to know was by observing your fish.

That's how it should be done, nice work!

How is your 40gal doing? What treatment did you settle on?

Thanks! I settled with the Kordon Ich attack and it's doing great! I still have three mollies with spots, but it's not spreading :) I cranked it up to 84, but I noticed some signs of stress and I lowered it to 80. I think I might try to bring it up to 82 today.

You really won't be able to know if it's good unless you are testing the water. With that in mind, before home water tests were available the only way to know was by observing your fish.

Well so far I'm noticing no signs of stress, or ammonia poisoning. The glass catfish are swimming and schooling and the betta is building bubble nests :)

Back
Top Bottom